ADSM-L

TSM on OS/390 DMZ backups.

2001-01-24 13:47:35
Subject: TSM on OS/390 DMZ backups.
From: Brian Nick <brian_nick AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:45:14 -0500
Hello everyone.

 We are running TSM 3.7.3 on OS/390 2.9 and are proposing the following to
backup our DMZ.

     1. We have built an OS/390 LPAR separate from our sysplex. This LPAR
has RMM, HSC, TSO and TCP/IP
          running on it and is connected to a STK Wolfcreek device using
fiber connected 4490E drives.

     2. This LPAR is directly connected to the DMZ and has no connection to
our sysplex.

     3. TSM is running on this OS/390 LPAR and is using it's own TCP/IP
stack.

     4. We are proposing to backup about 40 servers there and 35 of these
servers are NT.

 Is anyone using this type of a configuration for DMZ backups and if so
have you had any security issues that are unique to OS/390 in this
environment.

 I believe that this is a solid solution for DMZ backups but I am open to
any pro's or con's that you might have.

 Thanks for your input.
     Brian

Brian L. Nick