ADSM-L

Re: tdp for lotus domino

2001-01-23 08:38:23
Subject: Re: tdp for lotus domino
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 08:39:34 -0500
Thierry,

Ahhhh, but you missed an important feature...

Actually, if you use archival transaction logging, you only
have to backup the changes that you make each day...

So, for example, you can run a full backup of the databases
on Sunday evening, then run backups of the transaction
log throughout the week, so that you only are backing up
the CHANGES that have been made to those databases.
So, the amount of data to back up reduces significantly
when you use the power of transaction logging along
with TDP for Lotus Domino. Go here to read more:

   http://www.tivoli.com/products/index/data_protect_domino/index.html

Once you understand how it works, I am sure you will agree
that there is quite an advantage to backing up your
Domino servers with TDP for Lotus Domino versus
using a straight "file level" backup client.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler