ADSM-L

Re: maintenance window/database backup

2001-01-19 11:46:14
Subject: Re: maintenance window/database backup
From: Othonas Xixis <othonas AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:42:13 -0500
Definitely prior to halt and your system maintenance, because if the
changes made to the system destroy something from your TSM structure... You
will be able to restore from that last DataBase backup. Also you might want
to monitor this DB backup, make sure it finishes successfully, and write
down yr Volume Serial (Volser) number just in case...
What about System Backups (AIX: sysback, mksysb) ? depending how important
is the changes made to the system you might want to take a system backup as
well.

Cheers.

Othonas Xixis

"Malloy, Kevin" <Kevin.Malloy AT NATIONAL-CITY DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on