ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7 and Netware 5.1

2001-01-19 11:19:46
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7 and Netware 5.1
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:20:43 -0500
Well,  sure seen that last statement before!

Our environment is ADSM 3.1.2.50 on OS\390 but I think the anomalies of
Netware and *SM cover the spectrum.

I would heartily recommend the new TSA/SMDR package from Novell. It
seems to have helped considerably on our 5.0/5.1 boxes. You don't
mention which client you're running. I've settled on the 4.1.1_18
version. The combination of that client and the new nlms have cured a
number of situations where abends created by the dsmc process were
occuring. Also seems to have cured (may be too early to really tell on
this one) a situation where dsmc and smdr were loosing each other
sporadically and all the dsmc related nlms were having to be unloaded
and reloaded.

My experience with some 20 Netware boxes and slew of different clients
(ADSM and TSM) is that there is going to be a certain amount of
babysitting involved no matter what, although things seem to be
improving (knock on wood!)

Good luck and feel free to let me know if you need anything more
specific.

--
Jim Kirkman
Jim Kirkman