ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT authorities

2001-01-19 00:20:04
Subject: Re: Windows NT authorities
From: "BURDEN,Anthony" <anthony.burden AT DEWRSB.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:21:42 +1100
You should not really have to much of a problem,

The tsm client 4.1 is installed on the nt server and will use the system
account to backup and restore files. You do not need to grant authorities
for uses on the NT box itself. Within ADSM server you will need to set up
users and give them the privileges that they require for there job and then
they can use the web client to restore or backup files or administer ADSM.

When setting up the schedular service for the NT client to backup to the
ADSM server you require the privilege to install the service on the NT
server. Once that is done it defaults to using the system account. Use the
dsmcutil install program to install the service on each NT server you
require to backup using a schedule.

I hope that makes some sense. If not please give me an email and I will try
to explain further.

anthony