ADSM-L

Re: Custom dsm.opt in Client v4.1.2

2001-01-18 15:31:16
Subject: Re: Custom dsm.opt in Client v4.1.2
From: "Wayne T. Smith" <ADSM AT MAINE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:32:46 -0500
Thanks to Jennifer and Arthur for discussing this TSM Windows client
bug. Some postings on ADSM-L last year suggest that the problem
may have been around since v3.7 (but I can't verify that, as we
skipped v3.7 for a number of reasons).

We tailor our installables very much as Cornell does.  None of files
DSM.OPT, dsm.opt, ba_dsm.opt, BA_DSM.OPT nor dsm.smp in the
/program files/Tivoli/TSM/config folder get copied during install of
v4.1.2.  No dsm.opt or dsm.new is created on install.

The v4.1.2 wizards are quite wonderful compared to the 10-foot long
DSMCUTIL command we used to have to force on our client
operators. This tailored DSM.OPT facility is quite important to us
however!

Can a Tivoli person or anyone else recommend I open a PMR/APAR
on the subject, or is support aware and working on the problem?  Can
I answer this question with a DB search someplace?

Thanks, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                          ADSM AT Maine DOT edu
ADSM Technical Coordinator - UNET       University of Maine System