ADSM-L

Re: Howto resolve ANR2362E without rebooting the server?

2001-01-18 04:22:30
Subject: Re: Howto resolve ANR2362E without rebooting the server?
From: Joerg Nouvertne <joerg.nouvertne AT WTAL DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:24:51 +0100
On Monday 15 January 2001 20:45, you wrote:
> If you are getting compressed log records then the utilization of your
> recovery log is not caused
> by missing data base backups.  Data base backups are only needed to release
> log space when
> the log is in rollforward mode and log compression only occurs when the log
> is in normal mode.
[snipp]

Hi David,

your explanation is very useful to understand how this works, and I will try
your suggestion the next time we experience this.

But I still do not understand the relation between the recovery log (in
normal mode) and the database backup. After performing a DB BA, the recovery
log will be reset, but sometimes it is reset automatically during the normal
operation.

How does this work?

Thanks in advanced.