ADSM-L

Windows NT authorities

2001-01-18 01:55:06
Subject: Windows NT authorities
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:56:37 +1000
Hi All,

I'm a Unix guy who is getting seriously into backing up NT servers for the
first time and I'm trying to discover how to set up a user with the minimum
necessary authorities to run backup and restore on any given NT 4 box.
I've looked in the documentation  and there is nothing other than to install as
administrator and make sure the user has authority on network drives, which
doesn't help as they don't tell you how to set up to run as a different user.
I could find nothing recent and useful on the archived list either.

Can someone please walk me through how to do this and what authorities are
necessary?  Client is 4.1.2 talking to 3.1.2.50 server, and I want to use web
client as well as server-scheduled backups

Many thanks

Steve Harris
AIX and ADSM Admin