ADSM-L

Re: APAR IC28571 : NT EVENT VIEW REPORTS "PERFLIB" ERRORS AGAINST DSM CPERF.DLL - TSM 4.1.1

2001-01-17 09:04:19
Subject: Re: APAR IC28571 : NT EVENT VIEW REPORTS "PERFLIB" ERRORS AGAINST DSM CPERF.DLL - TSM 4.1.1
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:05:47 -0500
Many thanks to Andy Raibeck for his timely and accurate response. There must
be many flavors of this scenario depending on previously installed and
uninstalled versions of ADSM and TSM. Unfortunately, I cannot trace the
history of this activity on any particular machine.  What we found on one of
our installations, for example was these registry keys:

         HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
            SYSTEM\
               CurrentControlSet\
                  Services\
                     TSM Client Performance

         HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
            SYSTEM\
               CurrentControlSet\
                  Services\
                     EventLog\
                        Application\
                           ADSM Client Performance

We removed them and the nuisance went away. Not that is was really causing a
problem, but the IIS server owner wanted to be sure no resources were being
unnecessarily consumed.

Again, thank you Andie!
John G. Talafous              IS Technical Principal
The Timken Company            Global Software Support
P.O. Box 6927                 Data Management
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.         Phone: (330)-471-3390
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927  Fax  : (330)-471-4034
talafous AT timken DOT com           http://www.timken.com