ADSM-L

Re: deleting rman data

2001-01-16 11:29:50
Subject: Re: deleting rman data
From: "<James> <healy>" <James.Healy2 AT AXACS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:31:26 -0500
How do I verify the state of the objects?

"Michel Engels" <Michel.Engels AT DEVOTEAM DOT BE>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 01/15/2001
08:51:28 AM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

You should verify the state of the objects. After the deletion of the files
via
RMAN the state should change from active to inactive. Be sure your RetO
value is
set to 0 otherwise the files will be kept for some time depending your
settings
in the managementclass. When the files become inactive, the retention is
set to
0 and the expiration on the server has run the files should disappear.

Hope this helps,

Michel

"<James> <healy>" <James.Healy2 AT AXACS DOT COM> on 01/12/2001 10:49:32 PM