ADSM-L

[no subject]

2001-01-15 04:39:47
From: Bruce Mitchell <bruce.mitchell AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:39:14 +0000
I'm wondering if anyone has successfully  restored using RMAN from a different
TSM server. One of our DBA's is attempting  to do this.

Environment :-

Oracle 8.1.6.
TDP for Oracle V.2.1.9 (no we wont  use V2.1.10 because it core dumps on any
TSM client with cloptsets).
TSM server  version 4.1.2.0
Solaris 2.07

The scenario is as follows : -

Location A contains TSM server xx . Oracle DB yy  and DMSO_NODE zz
So yy backs up to server xx , via TSM client zz  ( using  dsm.optora to point
to server xx in the dsm.sys file)

Location B contain TSM server aa.  Oracle  DB bb and DSMO_NODE cc
aa backs up to server bb , via TSM client cc (  using dsm.optora to point to
server cc in the dsm.sys file)

To restore yy to Node in Location B, my intention for him  (DBA)  is to :-

export DSMO_NODE=zz (as known in location A)
export  DSMI_CONFIG=/home/oracle/dsm.optorarest

This opt file points to server xx (location A) in dsm.sys  stanza.

We've set up TDPO.zz password  file.....

Will this work or, is there anything else  required?????

We want to get a handle on this to perform cross server/cross  client restores,
as we have a local TSM server per tech suite (of which there  are several), and
DBA's want to restore Oracle DB's between locations for BCP purposes.

LONDON
Tel:       +44(0) 207 547 4917
Fax        +44(0) 207 650 7917
Mobile    +44(0) 468 361-885
email:    bruce.mitchell AT db DOT com

--
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If This
e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not