ADSM-L

polling vs. prompted scheduling

2001-01-12 10:05:12
Subject: polling vs. prompted scheduling
From: "Matthew A. Bacchi" <mbacchi AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:28:56 -0500
I'm confused.  I know what the two different scheduling methods are, but I
don't think my server does.  I have the server set to do client polling, but I
still get error messages in the activity log that look like this:

01/11/01   15:03:39      ANR8214E Session open with 9.66.95.61 failed due to

                          connection refusal.

01/11/01   15:03:39      ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact
client
                          JOHNPAULPC.BTV.IBM.COM using type 1 (9.66.95.61
1501).

What does this mean? For all you who think I'm crazy, here's the output from
the "q st" command:

                           Scheduling Modes: Polling

(well, it's amended)  The strange thing is that the server has been set to
client polling for years, so it's not a recent change.

TIA

-Matt Bacchi