ADSM-L

Re: backup schedule event failures with tsm server 4.1.2

2001-01-11 10:14:36
Subject: Re: backup schedule event failures with tsm server 4.1.2
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:14:58 -0500
A solution for this is to see how long your backups are running.  If it is
close to the "Duration" time set in your client schedule, then increase the
duration to give adequate time for the schedule to run.  (That duration is not
just a "start" window it is also a run window.)

David B. Longo
Systems Administrator
Health First, Inc. I/T
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> rcolet AT AGBAR DOT ES 01/11/01 09:45AM >>>
     I've found something like this when TSM is reopening the sessions and the
Backup take longer than the duration specified in the scheduler. It's followed
by the message ANR2576W (in the Server LOG) when the Backup really ends.

     I'm using TSm 3.7.3 on OS/390 2.7 and the client is ADSM 3.1.0.8 (so
there's no controlling session).

     I hope this helps

     Ramon Colet
     Aigües de Barcelona