ADSM-L

Re: partitioning a 3575-L18 -Reply

2001-01-11 08:47:07
Subject: Re: partitioning a 3575-L18 -Reply
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 08:48:28 -0500
> We had to have our IBM CE come in and perform a teach or instruction update.
> We had 100 cells that we could not get the library to recognize.  It turned
> out to be that those cell even though internal were reserved for I/O
> convenience slots.  If you do not have a CE call IBM and request a manual to
> change the configuration within the library manager.

Changing the config is easy, thru the panels.  What I need to find out,
either thru someone else's experience, or by finding a Pub, how one shares
the Cells across multiple adsm instances.  A 3494 uses scratch catagories.
Is the 3575 a "manual" process, where I assign all the tapes to a specific
server?  That is, not scratch mounts allowed...

Guess I'll go PUB searching today...

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)