ADSM-L

Re: Server reports Missed, but...

2001-01-08 17:01:19
Subject: Re: Server reports Missed, but...
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 17:01:45 -0500
Basically if you have schedmode prompted and have a client schedule setup for
the node, then it is missed if server couldn't contact the client within the
window of time set up in the schedule - it is considered MISSED.

(Simplest reason is the client is down, or not fully configured correctly yet.
But we have seen some instcances lately with NT 4.0 clients where you could
ping both ways but client *SM could not talk to server *SM,  some kind of
problem with client TCPip Stack? that rebooting solved).

It is FAILED if there is some Return Code other than 0 from the schedule that
does actually start.  Generally the reason for this will show up in sched or
error log on client, though like many errors it may not be obvious as to the
cause.

David B. Longo
Systems Administrator
Health First, Inc. I/T
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> michael.donabauer AT ENERGIEAG DOT AT 01/08/01 10:24AM >>>
after a look into the dsmsched.log there are no errors inside. Therefore my
question:

How does the Server decide, that a node is missed or failed?

thx Mike