ADSM-L

Re: FB_MAGIC Assertion Failure

2001-01-05 20:06:04
Subject: Re: FB_MAGIC Assertion Failure
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 20:06:10 -0500
>I just installed the TSM client (PTF IP22151, version 4.1.2.0) on to a
>Windows/2000 system.  When I try to run the client I get:
>
>Assertion Failed!
>Program:   dsm.exe
>File: dsmem.cpp
>Line: 1570
>
>FB_MAGIC(bn) == CB_MAGVAL
>
>Any suggestions on what I need to do, to get past this??

How about your environmentals... Did you configure an options file?
Does 'dsmc show options' show it looking okay?  Is your node
registered with the server?  Looks like you tried running the GUI
client, but what about the command line client?  Try various things
like 'dsmc q m' to narrow down where the problem is.