ADSM-L

Tivoli Data Protection for Domino performance

2001-01-03 07:54:59
Subject: Tivoli Data Protection for Domino performance
From: Anthony S Colletti <acollet AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 07:50:59 -0500
Has anyone experienced poor  restore performance with TDP for Domino 1.1.1
and Domino Server 5.05 running on AIX 4.3.3 ?   We are noticing that to
restore a fully backup copy of a  100MB file and apply logs for 3 days (we
average 70 logs per day) it is taking 1.5 - 2.0 hours to  complete.
However, our full backup times are running around 12-14 hours for 1500 plus
databases.   Anyone know of any reason why the apply logs is taking so much
longer than the full backup ?   The only workaround I have seen so far is
to restore to an alternate server, but that is something I really didn't
want to resort to as it would provide no benefit over the current ADSM
Backups we are doing via replication backup servers.

Thanks in advance
Anthony Colletti