ADSM-L

Novell Groupwise

2001-01-02 03:11:03
Subject: Novell Groupwise
From: Frank DaSilva <frank AT MAXTEC.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 23:54:48 -0800
Hi,

I have few questions that need to be answered concerning Groupwise on
Novell.

I've implemented the solution and I find that when it comes to the backup
of the /offiles directory,I get an error :

ANE4005E Error processing GW5:/gwise/medipo/offiles/FDF/38D63AFF.OFF

, obviously the offiles aren't being backed-up .

Is there any way of backing them up?

Can there be a script setup that can unload the .nlm's for Groupwise and
likewise reload the .nlm's?

Then create a schedule with a PRE and POST command to run the script.Which
will then backup the files cold , and then start up the Groupwise process
after the backups complete, which will then insure a consistent backup.

Another thing is how would Groupwise be backed up, while it is active ?
could it be done ? and could Groupwise be brought back to a consistent
state?

After reading your other questions it looks as if the client will not get
the attachments back, because the offiles are not backed up. Is this true ?

I've also seen the restore process. Is the restore process able to recover
a single PO or does the entire Groupwise have to be restored to recover a
single PO ?

Thank You

Frank Da Silva