ADSM-L

NDS TREE backups.

2000-12-28 10:05:05
Subject: NDS TREE backups.
From: Brian Nick <BRIAN_NICK AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 10:05:13 -0500
Hello everyone,

 We have been going back and forth for some time now with IBM/Tivoli
concerning the TSM 3.7.2 client for Netware and NDS Tree backups. We are
running a TSM 3.7.3 server on OS/390 2.9 and here is our issue.

 We are attempting to backup the NDS Tree on a Netware 5 server running the
TSM 3.7.2 client and we are not able to get by the password prompting. If
we watch the backup run we can manually enter the password and the backup
continues. We are currently working with Tivoli support on this issue but I
am wondering if anyone else is seeing similar problems.

 We are able to backup the SYS volume from the Netware 5 server without
problems but we receive the password prompt every time the backup moves to
the Tree. I am not a Netware support person but I am trying to get any
information that I can for our Netware group.

 Is anyone able to backup the NDS Tree on a Netware 5 server using the TSM
3.7.2 client?

 Frustration is setting in.

 Thanks,
    Brian