ADSM-L

Re: Collocation on tapeppool and copypool

2000-12-28 09:14:00
Subject: Re: Collocation on tapeppool and copypool
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 09:14:20 -0500
>   I want to enable collocation   on tapepool and copypool   , which was not
>before ,
>I am wondering how TSM will manage my previous data, which resides in these
>pools?
>  Any tips?

Your old storage pool data will remain as it was: newly stored data will be
collocated.

You didn't say what kind of collocation you intend to implement, but be
sure to gauge the demand for tape drives, mounts, and tapes as your collection
of clients perform scheduled backups: you don't want clients piling up waiting
for tape drives or unexpected depletion of scratches.

  Richard Sims, BU