ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:25:43
Hi.

thanks for the answer, i just want some more info, please read my comments, and
respond..

Fredrik Lundholm wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 10:32:33AM +0200, Marco Supino wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I was looking at the Doc. of the TSM 4.1, and couldn't find whether it
> > supports multi-cpu's,
>
> I'm running tsm 4.1.2 on a 3 CPU Sun E3500. Works fine.
> How do you determine that your Ultra-10 440Mhz is not enough?

Well, i am checking the CPU idle time, with it almost all the time at 0%, the
dsmserv process occupies more of the CPU, expiration of the database takes
hours,
and back of it can take a LOT of time is schedules are currently running, i am
backing up about 100 stations , including two Netapp (150, and 400Giga) through
another station,

> If you have a machine which only runs the tsm-server and not the client
> it might suffice, alas the U10 only sports slow/narrow PCI and has
> very little room for expansion. My server has 10 FC-AL ports, 3 100MB network-
> ports 3 Wide fast SCSI ports and one gigabit ethernet interface.
> So  TSM likes fat networks (if backing up over the net) and fast IO
> for libraries and diskcache. Personally I would not recommend anything
> less than a Sun U60 for the job. The E450 also seems viable.

I was thinking of a U60, with about 1Giga of mem, and two CPU's, does the
TSM supports "native" multi network cars ?, so if i put two or more network
cards, i just say to the client to look at another IP, insted of the main
interface ?

> > Another question, will the TSM run better on a IBM RS/6000 machine with
> > AIX ?, i might consider buying a multi-CPU RS/6000 machine, instead of a
> > Sun machine, what do you think ?
>
> The AIX support in tsm seems a tad more mature than for Solaris, more
> fetureas available (AFS/DFS) etc. If you have AIX expertize in house
> I don't see why not.
> I never touched an AIX box myself so I don't know if cost is prohibitive.
> /wfr Fredrik

Thanks.

Marco.