ADSM-L

Installation of TSM on NT as the main system

2000-12-27 03:05:18
Subject: Installation of TSM on NT as the main system
From: Mike Glassman - Admin <admin AT IAA.GOV DOT IL>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:56:18 +0200
All,

We are planning on moving our ADSM system (3.1) from an AS/400 base system,
to an NT server.

We will obviously be upgrading to the latest TSM software, clients etc, as
well as moving our tape subsystem from the AS to the NT.

I'd really appreciate any "be watchfull for...." or "be carefull of..."
issues if such exists, or any aditional issues I should know about before we
make the final decision. Any problems with the installation, the running of
the system, backups, restores, TDP etc.

As I am under considerable pressure (isn't that allways the case) from
management regarding this, I'd appreciate anything anyone can send me on
this....and I refer to personal experience issues.

Thanks to all who reply,

Mike Glassman
System & Security Admin
Israeli Airports Authority
Ben-Gurion Airport
http://www.ben-gurion-airport.co.il

Tel : 972-3-9710785
Fax : 972-3-9710939
Email : admin AT iaa.gov DOT il

Usage of this email address or any email address at iaa.gov.il for the
purpose of sales pitches, SPAM or any other such unwanted garbage, is
illegal, and any person, whether corporate or alone doing so, will be
prosecuted to the fullest possible extent.