ADSM-L

DIRMC Question

2000-12-26 14:54:57
Subject: DIRMC Question
From: Brian Nick <BRIAN_NICK AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 13:39:15 -0500
Hello everyone.

 I have a question concerning *SM directories. Back in the early days of
TSM we used the DIRMC option to put directories to disk rather that tape to
avoid "thrashing" issues on the tape devices. We are now running TSM 3.7.3
on OS/390 and I believe that the issue of having directories on tape has
been addressed. My questions is this: How do I get the directories that
currently reside in my disk storage pool back to tape?

 I would think that if I did a move data this should effectively move the
directories to the specific pool that I point to in the move data command,
and since that pool is collocated then my directories would be on a
specific set of tape for each client.

 Has anyone had the opportunity to do this? Any help that anyone can
provide would be appreciated.

 Thanks,
    Brian

Brian L. Nick