ADSM-L

Re: 3583 Library and Win2000 : Mayday, mayday ...

2000-12-22 13:19:48
Subject: Re: 3583 Library and Win2000 : Mayday, mayday ...
From: Mike Collins <E_Mike_Collins AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:20:15 -0700
Hi Ruddy,

It does sound like the server cannot find the dll for some reason.  By
default it should exist in the TSM server directory as:

  c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\server\adsmrsmd.dll

Recommend that you go into the server directory and issue:

  dir adsmrsm*.dll

You should see both

  adsmrsm.dll
  adsmrsmd.dll

If you only see one of these you should delete it and then re-run setup and
choose repair.
If you don't see either of them then re-run setup and choose repair.

If you right click on these in explorer and look at the properties version
tab you should see either

  4.1.2.17 (latest_service) or 4.1.2.1026 (nls fixtest 1)

If not, delete the dlls and then re-run setup and choose repair.

Note that the repair will key off of the existence of adsmrsm.dll - if it's
not there when you do a repair then setup will replace both dlls for you.

If you do see them, ensure the server is not running as a service and run
dsmserv.exe from the server directory and re-issue the define library
command.

If you still see the problem and haven't done a repair then I'd recommend
deleting both dlls and re-run setup and choose repair.  This will ensure
that you have good copies.

Please reply if there are still problems after doing this.

   I tried to configure a 3583 library on a WIN2K TSM server :

   I followed the documentation and readme documentation and entered :

   The driver installed is the last one : 5.1.0.8 - Device is seen by
   Windows 2000

   DEFINE LIBRARY LIB3583 LIBTYPE=RSM MEDIATYPE="LTO Ultrium"

   and I get the following error from TSM : Unable to load dynamic linl
   library adsmrsmd.dll

   What should I do ?

   Thank you very much for helping me. My customers are stressing me ...

    Ruddy Stouder
   System Engineer
   I.R.I.S.
   Rue du Bosquet 10 - Parc Scientifique de Louvain-La-Neuve
   B- 1435 Mont-Saint-Guibert
   ruddy.stouder AT irislink DOT com
   http://www.irislink.com
   Tel: +32 (0)10 48 75 10  -  Fax: +32 (0)10 48 75 40

Regards,

Mike Collins
Tivoli Storage Manager Development
ecollins AT tivoli DOT com