ADSM-L

How does Import process work ?

2000-12-22 04:17:39
Subject: How does Import process work ?
From: Ruddy STOUDER <Ruddy.Stouder AT IRISLINK DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:15:56 +0200
Hello,

If I export all my data from my old server and old library to my new
library (both libraries being connected to my old server) and that
afterwards, I connect this new library to my new TSM server, what are
the necessary steps before starting the import command.

Do I have to checkin the tapes containing the exported data. How ? with
scratch status, with private status ?

Do an import command need to have the tapes defined in the Volhist or
libvol via a checkin command ?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

 Ruddy Stouder
System Engineer
I.R.I.S.
Rue du Bosquet 10 - Parc Scientifique de Louvain-La-Neuve
B- 1435 Mont-Saint-Guibert
ruddy.stouder AT irislink DOT com
http://www.irislink.com
Tel: +32 (0)10 48 75 10  -  Fax: +32 (0)10 48 75 40