ADSM-L

Re: individual file size > 2 GB - volume groups

2000-12-21 16:11:33
Subject: Re: individual file size > 2 GB - volume groups
From: Gail Riley <gail AT STORAGECOM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 15:55:56 -0500
Glen,

Thank you for this further clarification.  I have a follow-up question, if I
may.

I have a device/file that I am storing through a program that uses the API.
The size of this device that will be saved is 150GB.  In my disk pool I only
have 55GB, but my next storage pool is tape which has 1TB.  The max one tape
will hold is 70GB.  If I understand you correctly this one file (which is
one device to me) can span tapes and will be saved appropriately.  It will
not fail and thus I am limited by the size of my storage pool(s) and not any
one volume.  If I get it, I am thrilled!!
So, do I get it??  :)

Thanks!
Gail