ADSM-L

What is OpenVMS and OS/390?

2015-10-04 17:25:43
Subject: What is OpenVMS and OS/390?
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I Just want to get some clarity on the above-mentioned. What is OpenVMS
exactly and what does it have to do with Dec Alpha's.  I've got a customer
that has this configuration (OpenVS running on Dec Alphas).  Is this a
tier1, tier2, or a tier3 configuration from TSM's point of view?
What is OS/390?  From what  understand it is an operating system running on
a Mainframe and that this is a tier3 architecture from TSM's point of view.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Jacques Butcher.