ADSM-L

TDP for Oracle on SUN

2000-12-19 18:07:21
Subject: TDP for Oracle on SUN
From: Thiha Than <Thiha_Than AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:07:45 -0800
hi,

There is a problem with Oracle 8.1.6 on Sun.  We've opened an Info APAR
(II12668) for this problem.  I am sure you are running into situation #1
described in the APAR.  APAR text is as follow:

ERROR DESCRIPTION:
      The Tivoli Data Protection for Oracle - Comp ID: 5698DPOCL
      .
      When configuring the TDP for Oracle on Sun Solaris, there
      are some Oracle Bugs that may be encountered.
      1) Bug No. 1252142
          DYNAMIC REPLACEMENT OF 3RD-PARTY MEDIA MANAGEMENT LIBRARY
          DOES NOT WORK IN 8.1.6
      2) Bug No. 1529085.  (Shared (MTS) connections do not work)
      .
      For 1) Oracle Bug No 1252142. The following workaround
      can be used.
      - First edit the 'sysliblist' under $ORACLE_HOME/lib.
         Add '-lthread' as the first entry of the file.
         should look like '-lthread -lnsl -lsocket -lgen -ldl -lsched'
         (if this change is not done to the sysliblist then the
          control may become corrupt).
      - Second do the first workaround as described in the Oracle BUG
        #1252142
        - Ensure $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libobk.so is pointing at the one in
         /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin
      - Relink the oracle executable:
         Ensure the Oracle instance is shutdown
           % cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
           % make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle
      .
      For 2) Oracle Bug no 1529085, there no work around at this time.
      - do not use shared connections (MTS). Use dedicated connect

>TSM TDP'rs,

>Experiencing a very strange and annoying problem after configuring the
Oracle
>TPD agent on a SUN 7 system. As soon as the TDP's  libobk.so is bound to
Oracle
>thru make ..... Oracle starts complaining that its control files are
corrupt.
>Something to do with the SCN not being what it should be.
>We've tried the latest TDP Agent 4.1.10 and even the older 2.1.9c on
Oracle
>8.1.5 and 8.1.6 nothing seems to alter the situation. Working with the
original
>Oracle libobk causes no problems.
>It's even stanger when you consider that corruption occurs even before
RMAN is