ADSM-L

General *SM database/ IP address question

2000-12-18 20:57:35
Subject: General *SM database/ IP address question
From: Andy Raibeck <Andrew_Raibeck AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:58:04 -0800
Actually this info isn't in the NODES table, either. The TSM server stores
the IP addresses for nodes using the PROMPTED scheduling mode only, so the
server knows which address to prompt when it is time to run scheduled
events. However, the table in which this data resides has not been
externalized, so it can not be accessed by any QUERY or SELECT statement.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM/Tivoli
e-mail: andrew.raibeck AT tivoli DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

I am sory to correct you, but there is a field in the nodes table that
stores the hex IP address of the client.

Keith Davey