ADSM-L

Re: cannot read barcode in slot #90

2000-12-14 21:30:30
Subject: Re: cannot read barcode in slot #90
From: sekar n <nsekar99 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:16:00 -0800
--- Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU> wrote:
> >        Received about 10 messages "cannot read
> >        Received about 10 messages "cannot read
> barcode in slot #90" and
> >9 other tape slots.
> >
> >Does anyone know how to determine what tape is in
> slot number 90.
> >
> >Seems "q libvol" only lists the tapes that it know
> about.

Reply:

This looks like the inventory of tape volumes in the
library has gone through some change without the
knowledge of the database ( like physical removal and
replacement of volumes without checkout/checkin
procedures, or unlabelled volume/ cleaner tape moved
to the slots). usually audit library may bring out
discrepancies , but during this process it makes
unidentfied volumes private.  Especially during
hardware self test of IBM 7331-305,  it has completely
jumbled the catridges and slots and we had to work out
the problem by the above method.

sekar Tivoli admn,
ONGC , chennai