ADSM-L

NotesConnect Agent on Domino R5 server?

2000-12-14 15:44:15
Subject: NotesConnect Agent on Domino R5 server?
From: Jeffery Carroll <Jeffery_Carroll AT AGFG DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:44:50 -0600
Background.

We have some Domino R.4.6.4 /NT servers, that are using NotesConnect agent.
Our Notes admin group wants to upgrade these servers to R5, but leave the
Nsfs at 4.6.4 compatible level , renaming them with a .NS4 extension. They
do NOT want to use transactional logging on the Domino servers since they
do not have enough available DASD.   My question are:.

In this configuration, can we leave the NotesConnect agent on the servers,
or do they have to still be upgraded to TDP for Domino/R5?   I did not know
this version 4 compatibility mode was an available option to us.

What are ramifications regarding Document/Database/File level backups.   I
am aware that when a server is upgraded to R5, document level backup is
lost, and if transactional logging is disable, the database level is to.

Thanks,
Jeff