ADSM-L

Re: Getting a batch job to ignore server prompt.

2000-12-14 09:00:20
Subject: Re: Getting a batch job to ignore server prompt.
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:00:42 -0500
Was this a cron job or some OS script?  If say it was one of these you can do
something like the following to provide an answer.

If you script had line:   /home/adsm/batchjob.ksh
Then do this:

Print "Yes"  |  /home/adsm/batchjob.ksh

I have several scripts like this to delete EBU jobs for Oracle backups.

David B. Longo
Systems Administrator
Health First, Inc. I/T
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> mark.brown AT MCGILL DOT CA 12/13/00 09:27PM >>>
Hello,

I have a batch job that used to run quite well on the ADSM 3.1 server.
After upgrading to version 3.7 the batch job stopped working. I just
realized today that the script was failing because the server was asking
a question:

THIS PROCESS MAY TAKE ALONG TIME OR USE A LOT OF RESOURCES..... Reply
Yes or No
TO CONTINUE.

Anyone know how I can avoid this prompt in a batch job??

Thanks,

Mark Brown
mark.brown AT mcgill DOT ca