ADSM-L

Re: so many tapes in filling status

2000-12-13 10:04:21
Subject: Re: so many tapes in filling status
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:04:51 -0500
>We have a 3575 library with 4 drives. My problem is we
>have many volumes in filling status. I tried to do a
>"move data"  from the filling tapes to disk stg pool
>and after that, to do a migration to library. But I
>found the same problem, that is, the tape pool is
>taking scratch tapes instead of full the filling
>tapes.
>Somebody knows how can I solve this problem?
>
>The move data, in the same stg pool, don't solve the
>problem, it always takes a scratch tape.
>In addition, I haven't collocate parameter
>configurated.

Francisco - Collocation is the most common cause of this; but
            you don't have it active.  This would suggest that you are
suffering I/O errors on your tapes such that they go read-only and so
TSM calls for a scratch each time a new action is performed.  This is
easy to check with Query Volume.  And, naturally, have a good look at your
Activity Log to see what's going on.

   Richard Sims, BU