ADSM-L

Re: I/O Error

2000-12-13 00:18:32
Subject: Re: I/O Error
From: Keith Davey <kdavey AT GUS33.HOMEIP DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:45:39 -0700
This sounds like a problem that I worked on.  Not sure of the APAR at this
time.  Will have to check in the morning.  It depends on when the error
was generated.  This problem happens when a process is writing to tape and
that tape reaches its EOT mark prior to all the data that needs to be
writen goes out.  The tape is ejected, and generates this error.  A new
tape is mounted and the operation continues normaly.  If this is what you
are seeing, then the error is being generated erroniusly.  I beleve this
problem is fixed in 3.7.4 and 4.1.1.  Like I said I will have to conferm
that.

Keith Davey
Defect Support
IBM Tucson