ADSM-L

Re: JDBC and TSM ODBC

2000-12-12 10:55:19
Subject: Re: JDBC and TSM ODBC
From: Doug Baker <dbaker AT MAIL.WESLEYAN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:59:26 -0500
Paul, I did manage to figure this out! It's very kludgy, however.
As I said before, no combination of ODBC/JDBC would work. Yet
Access 2000 had no problems with the TSM ODBC driver.

So, I just made an Access 2000 database that has nothing but
links to the desired TSM tables. Then made a datasource to your
Access DB. In your servlet, point to the Access datasource -
voila! So there's an extra hop to get to the stuff, but in my
case its just for testing.

I am hoping to build trends of certain behaviors. So any data I
get and want to keep will get stored in new tables on the Access
side.

Doug