ADSM-L

Re: LOG usage over 100% - backups failing

2000-12-11 15:35:09
Subject: Re: LOG usage over 100% - backups failing
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:35:38 -0800
When I had this problem, several times, stopping and restarting the server
freed the pinned transaction log record.  The problem I had (on a older
level) was that the log file did not reduce after a database backup.  Other
things to consider is reducing your activity log retention value and to turn
off roll forward logging; at least until you figure out your problem.