ADSM-L

Log files for Restores?

2000-12-08 14:44:01
Subject: Log files for Restores?
From: TSM Mail-ID <tsmmail2000 AT YAHOO DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 14:29:22 -0500
Hi,
Using the TSM B/A 3.7.2.x client GUI, is there a log
file that gets generated that tracks what is actually
restored?
We are trying to do some disaster recovery of some NT
4.0 servers.

When restoring the system partition of an NT server, a
number of files are locked (in System32) and not
actually restored until the server gets rebooted.  We
would like to see which files it actually does
restore, since there are some NT issues.
We've noticed some temporary files that hang around
during these restores as well, even after a reboot.

I know Legato generates a log of all files it restores
and which it has problems with.  Just wondering if TSM
has an equivalent log.
Or do we have to command-line it and redirect output?

Thanx in advance!