ADSM-L

Re: Antw: Re: AS400 Performance problems

2000-12-08 10:40:39
Subject: Re: Antw: Re: AS400 Performance problems
From: Daffy duck <switchback60 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 10:41:07 -0500
Hi Reiner:

Thanks for the info on your transfer rate needs.

The reason I asked whether you were going to disk or tape is because the
latest enhancment to AS/400 performance mentioned in the TSM admin. guide
points to the ability to use AS/400 root file system.

Here are the steps to convert from document #79919 I downloaded from
www.Tivoli.com, ask Tivoli (Tivoli's KB):

TSD solution 79919 - TSM Server: What is process for converting database,
log, and storage pool volumes to use AS/400 root file system?
Be sure to activate this solution in TSD if you find it to solve your
problem!
Solution Desc:  What is process for converting database, log, and storage
pool volumes to use AS/400 root file system?

Solution:  Use the following steps to migrate the server's database volumes:

1. Install and run a server using DB volumes in the library file system
2. Format a volume in the new file system (size should equal existing DB
volume)
3. Use the "DEFINE DBVOLUME" command to add this new volume to the database
4. Use "DELETE DBVOLUME" to remove original volume from database
5. Validate that new DB volume is working properly

NOTE: Do the above process on the server's LOG volumes

Use the following steps to migrate the server's DISK Storage pool volumes:

1. Install and run a server using DISK Storage Pool volumes in the library
file system
2. Format a volume in the new file system (size should equal existing
storage pool volume)
3. Use "DEFINE VOLUME" command to add new volume to DISK storage pool
4. Use "UPDATE VOLUME" command to mark original volume "READONLY"
5. Use "MOVE DATA" command to move data from original volume to storage pool
6. Use "AUDIT VOLUME" command to validate the new storage pool volume
7. Use "DELETE VOLUME" command to remove original volume from storage pool

Sam Giallanza