ADSM-L

Re: Compression with TDP for Domino

2000-12-07 11:10:17
Subject: Re: Compression with TDP for Domino
From: Robert Delaney <rdelaney AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 11:09:21 -0500
Hi Stephanie,

The bytes read/written/transfered messages from TDP for
Domino will be the same whether compression is on or
off. Those messages are all based on the number of bytes
read and does not take into account any compression
being done by the TSM API.  You would need to query the
occupancy on the server to see any difference. Of coarse
your Node would have to be defined on the server to
allow compression.

Bob Delaney
TDP Client Dev.

Stephanie canon <Stephanie.CANON AT CIGMA.ASSO DOT FR>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on