ADSM-L

Recovery Log Problems while in Normal Mode

2015-10-04 17:25:42
Subject: Recovery Log Problems while in Normal Mode
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
My recovery log filled up and crashed the server this morning. I have the
recovery log in "Normal" mode - NOT "Roll Forward" mode. I was under the
impression that the recovery log would not fill up and crash the system
while in normal mode. The log is 1.5 GB and the DB is 13.5 GB. We do a full
DB backup once a day, sometimes twice. When I restarted the server the log
showed up as 0.1% utilized. Does anyone have any idea as to what might cause
the log to fill up? I am running TSM 3.7.3 on Solaris. Thanks,
-Dwight