ADSM-L

Re: query archive /*

2000-12-06 10:55:33
Subject: Re: query archive /*
From: ben huber <ben AT KELMAN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 08:55:03 -0700
Joel,

I'd be willing to bet that all of the other filesystems that are shown with the
q archive /* command are all actually on the root filesystem, whereas
/advscratch2 is it's own file system.  My experience with ADSM archiving is that
it is very faithful to the filesystem structure on the client system.

I'm not a Unix guru, but you should be able to do a df -lk (df -k on AIX) and
see the actual filesystems.  Or more specifically, you could do a "df -lk
/filespace_name" to show which filesystem a directory resides on.

E.g.  df -lk /var on my Solaris system results in

Filesystem            kbytes    used   avail capacity  Mounted on
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0     143927   83410   46125    65%    /

I'm sure you can get this information from some sort of Unix mount tables, but I
haven't been initiated into those particular secret rites of Unix yet.

Regards,

Ben Huber
Data Support Analyst
Kelman Technologies