ADSM-L

Oracle/rman tdp failing

2015-10-04 17:25:42
Subject: Oracle/rman tdp failing
From: James Healy [mailto:bkupmstr@YAHOO=2ECOM]
To: ADSM-L@VM=2EMARIST=2EEDU
Can anyone help with the error messages I'm grtiing from my oracle dba's
attempt to run Rman backups tiot tsm uping the TDP=2E

ORA-19506: failed to create sequential file,
name=3D"HRMP11292000HRMP=2E270=2E1=2Ebkp", parms=3D""

ORA-27006: sbtremove returned error

Additional information: 4110

Additional information: 1

I had the dba open this as a problem to Oracle and this was their response:

***********

These types of errors deal with linking problems of the MML=2E

<Note:1062184=2E6>

Circulation: PUBLISHED (EXTERNAL)

Folder: server=2ERdbms=2ERecovery=2ERMan

Topic: Reference Articles

Title: ORA-19506: FAILED TO CREATE SEQUENTIAL FILE, USING ADSM TO BACKUP TO
TAPE=2E

A search on metalink will retrieve some bulletins on some well known linking
issues with various MML providers (Veritas, Legato, etc=2E=2E), and those are
typically useful but somewhat generic=2E

Oracle Supports Rman's ability to successfully backup to disk=2E If there
exists a problem backing up to tape the MML vendor should be contacted fot
those issues=2E

I called the ct to discuss the issue=2E

They have been successfully backing up to tape for months=2E

This machine is logically divided up into several different logical nodes
and the target and catalog reside on different nodes=2E So, this may be a
linking issue (as is typical in this situation)=2E

The ct states that his libobk is linked to the one provided byt the vendor=2E

He can contact them to ensure that it is linked correctly etc=2E=2E=2E

*

So they're claiming its a TYM issue=2E

I'm able to backup a normal TSM client no problem=2E

So I insist to the DBA's its in the RMAN setup which I have no control over
and he doesn't know very well=2E

anyone?