ADSM-L

Re: NT Recovery: Boot Disks?

2000-12-01 14:20:26
Subject: Re: NT Recovery: Boot Disks?
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 14:08:26 -0500
You might be able to get away with that if your disks are FAT formatted,
but there's no way that I know of to do as you describe with NTFS format
volumes.

-Lloyd
"Armstrong, Brad" wrote:
"Armstrong, Brad" wrote:

> Would it be possible to boot an NT server with a MS DOS Client network disk
> configured with TCP/IP, then run a restore from the command line?  I'm
> trying to figure out a way of not having to install a second copy of NT
> before restoring a complete c: drive.
>
> Brad Armstrong
> DTM Messaging
> Canada Customs Revenue Agency
> 613-941-6726
> brad.armstrong AT ccra-adrc.gc DOT ca

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:716-389-1260    fax:716-389-1267