ADSM-L

Re: Oracle/rman tdp failing

2000-12-01 12:42:05
Subject: Re: Oracle/rman tdp failing
From: James Thompson <mezron AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:42:32 -0700
What level of Oracle are you running.  If it is 8.0.5 or 8.0.6 you
can try running the makefile again to relink the library file.
If it is 8.1.5 or 8.1.6, check to make sure the symbolic link in
the Oracle path points to the library file in the TSM path.
find / -name libobk.a -exec ls -l {} \;
Will search for all the libobk.a so that you can see if a wrong
library file is being used.

What level of TDP for Oracle are you using?
If in the Rman script you specify DSMO_DEBUG=49, you will
generate a file orcagent.log which is fairly easy to read.
You may spot the error there.  Also check for a dsierror.log
being generated.  And of course check the ADSM activity log to
see if a sesssion was opened on the ADSM server.

James Thompson