ADSM-L

Changing Servers OS390 to SUN

2000-12-01 09:31:33
Subject: Changing Servers OS390 to SUN
From: Luci Ziebart <Luci_Ziebart AT MGIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 08:16:39 -0600
I have numerous questions on this subject:
 Today our ADSM Server 3.1.2.50 resides on OS390 2.5 and our output media is on
3490e cartridges.  We are planing to upgrade to TSM 4.1 and  the server  will
reside on  UNIX Sun Solaris, the output media will be STK's 9840's PowderHorn
9310 silo and will be fibre attached to a brocade switch.  This in preparation
for a SAN enviorment.

1) Can we Import our Mainframe server to the Sun?
2) Will we beable to use the data that resides on the 3490e cartridges after we
move to the Sun Server?

Also, we will be eliminating Novell and replacing  this with a NT solution.
Since, most of our archives and long term backups are associated with the Novell
servers.

1) Will we beable to restore/retrieve a Novell file to a NT system?
2) Is there a conversion tool?

Thanks