ADSM-L

Re: Magstar MP with ADSM on AIX

2000-11-29 12:16:48
Subject: Re: Magstar MP with ADSM on AIX
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 12:16:55 -0500
>we have the exact same hardware. Your problem is most likely because you =
>haven't enabled compression. I would recommend hardware compression. To =
>turn on the hardware compression:
>smitty devices
>tape devices
>Change / show characteristics of a tape drive
>select your drive
>select Use hardware compression on tape =3D yes

Wait a minute...TSM is supposed to set tape drive characteristics, among the
drives that it directly supports, per administrative specifications: it should
not be necessary to forcibly alter drive characteristics with the product.
Doesn't the DEVclass FORMAT=3570C take care of this?
   Richard Sims, BU