ADSM-L

Magstar MP with ADSM on AIX

2000-11-29 11:16:07
Subject: Magstar MP with ADSM on AIX
From: Nancy Reeves <Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:13:45 -0600
I've been nomail for a while, so I apologize if this has been discussed
recently. I tried a database search, but it had an error.

I am running ADSM v3 on AIX with a 3575 tape library and 3570 "Magstar MP
Fast Access Linear Tape C-Format" tapes.  My understanding is that these
tapes hold 5 G uncompressed, and up to 3 times that with hardware
compression. I am only getting 5 G on them, even when I tell ADSM that
their maximum capacity is larger. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to
get the compression working?

I know only a little AIX, but I do have a coworker who is more proficient
than I.

Thank you.

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
Nancy.Reeves AT wichita DOT edu