ADSM-L

SINGLE DRIVE relaim 'problem'

2000-11-28 20:03:09
Subject: SINGLE DRIVE relaim 'problem'
From: ameerul madzali <ameerulm AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 01:03:34 -0000
Hi all,
I have a problem with my tapes (i think). I'm using 3.7.3.8 on a AIX 4.3.3.
I have a single drive 3570. I'm trying to do a single drive reclaimation. My
setup on the stgpool concerns are:

stg name    devclass    next stgpool

backuppool   disk         tapepool1
reclpool     recl_class   tapepool1
tapeppool1   bkdev_class

a reclaimstg has been set for tapepool1 to point to reclpool.

A reclaimation treshold was set for tapeppol at 80% since 1 only manage to
get 6.5G for reclpool area. recl_class type is file.

A reclaimation process started yesterday evening with one of the tapes. It
moved the valid files (not expired) to the reclpool but did not manage to
complete it. There were some read errors on the files and about 6-7 files
were still left in the reclaimable tape. The tape vol was change status to
'unavailable'.

Does this meanthe tape vol won't be reclaim or can the tape content be
deleted and send to scratch area again?

Need info on this. Thanks fo all your help in advance.

regards
Ameerul