ADSM-L

Re: configure LTO Ultrium 3581 on tsm 4.1 and windows nt 4

2000-11-28 08:33:15
Subject: Re: configure LTO Ultrium 3581 on tsm 4.1 and windows nt 4
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:33:22 -0500
Hi Giuseppe -

I wish I had some insight for you but I'm in a similar boat. We have a 3584
Library and Windows 2000, plus a SAN in between and I have yet to be able to
get it to work with TSM 4.1.1.

As you know, the readme was poorly written on the LTO portion. We have been
in contact with an LTO engineer to help us resolve the connectivity issues.

Question.... Did you get a CD with the library containing the Device drivers
for Window NT? Did you find that your documentation for installing and
configuring the LTO for Windows NT did not match with the actual install? We
did. In fact I did better when I threw out the LTO manual and winged it. I
at least can see the LTO from Windows 2000 now although Windows 2000 sees 2
Libraries when I only have one!

I'll keep you posted on what we find out!

CR

Cris Robinson
Storage Engineering
Liberty Mutual Group
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
mailto:cris.robinson AT liberymutual DOT com