ADSM-L

Retain Archive Version

2000-11-28 01:37:24
Subject: Retain Archive Version
From: "Cohn, Grant" <Grant.Cohn AT SAPREF DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:36:30 +0200
Greetings all !

We are running ADSM 3.1.2.20 on an AIX 4.3 platform.

I have defined an Archive Copy Group with a Retain Archive Version of 4
days.   Now, for a once off period only, I need to keep the archive copy I
made 4 days ago for more than 4 days.  I have NOT run an Expire Inventory
since then in order to keep this copy of 4 days ago, but now I am running
out of Tape and need to run the Expire Inventory.

Can I simply change the Retain Archive Version for the specific Archive Copy
Group from 4 days to say, 10 days, and then run the Expire Inventory, thus
keeping my archive copy from 4 days ago? (And then later change it back to
4)
Many thanks
Many thanks

Grant Cohn